S2AS - News

Monday 12 September 2011

New Team Rider - Rob Sayer

We'd like you to join us in welcoming and congratulating Rob Sayer in becoming the newest S2AS team rider!

Rob brings his excellent waveriding passion to our team, below are a few words from the man himself:

"Id describe myself as a nomadic kite surf,wave junkie.

I started kite surfing back in 1999(when you had to sign a waver form when purchasing a kite)how thing have changed!

I went through the progression of the sport and the different styles from old school to wake style but always preferred to hit up the waves and have pretty much concentrated purely on wave riding for the last five years.

Kiting is a passion for me,I love the way it opens up meeting new people and seeing new places.The last ten years I've spent six months a year travelling with my kites to many different destinations,some of which had never seen kite surfing,this is one of the greatest experiences when the locals are freaking out over what your doing.I like to look for spots where the waves haven't been kited yet.

The last three winters have been spent in Ireland tracking the storms over the atlantic and hitting up plenty of top class waves of all descriptions.

I'm more of a free rider than into comps but last year the BKSA wavemasters where held in Brandon Bay,Ireland where I finished third place.

When I'm not kiting I like to get into anything to do with water,I work as a commercial diver so when I'm not on the water I'm under it!"

Welcome Rob!