S2AS - News

Thursday 17 March 2011

Vanessa Procter joins the ranks at S2AS





S2AS are proud to announce that we have just signed Vanessa Procter to the Team for 2011 Vanessa is one of a kind with the wide array of Extreme activities that fill her free time check out her bio below, And Welcome Vanessa.

We look forward to seeing lots of you in 2011.


Name: Vanessa Procter

Age: 24

Top Sports: Kite surfing, snowboarding, climbing


As a career-driven woman, my working life focuses on analysing global media reputations. Outside work, I feel most at home trying to harness and conquer nature’s elements with my loves being any activities that provide a challenge to me both physically and mentally. If it doesn’t hurt, you’re not trying hard enough.

I may as well throw my rent money away on the weekends as I’m normally away being buffeted by wind and waves, kite surfing, battling currents in a kayak, tearing up dirt on a horse or motor bike, lead climbing on as challenging a rock face as I can find or some other adrenaline-filled sport. Rain or shine, snow or heat-wave, if you want to find me,

I’ll be out in the wilderness somewhere pushing my limits to breaking point, discovering new adventures and living my life to the full. It can pretty safely be said, therefore, that I am incredibly energetic and active. My weekends are filled with adventures all over the country, from South Wales to East Sussex, Scotland to Cornwall.

Kite surfing is one of my more recent obsessions. I am pretty sure everyone who has experienced the thrill of tearing down the coastline with a kite strapped to their waist will agree that it doesn’t take long to get hooked on the sport. Since the first moment I launched a 9m Nobile S.L.E down in Poole Harbour and felt the wind transform the kite into a powerful engine, I knew there was no turning back.


What do I do to relax? Well definitely don’t give me caffeine; I literally go insane on that stuff, to the point that those who know me will ask me not to have a coffee (unless they fancy a quick marathon with me). When I do find rare moments of relaxation you’ll find me chilling on the beach watching the sunset or fuelling my love of spicy food in the kitchen. I like combining relaxing and refuelling with a love of cookery, and I especially like trying to satisfy my 'pudding stomach'


15 Facts About Me


1.I love eating Frozen Sweetcorn

2. Sharks are my favourite animal

3. I have roasted marshmallows over running lava on a volcano

4. I have eaten Lionfish

5. I used to believe shouting ‘mint sauce’ at sheep made them cry

6. I have shared a bed with a 1.3meter Carolina Corn snake

7. My face is on the box of a monopoly board

8. I won 2nd place in Miss Student UK in 2007

9. I make my own jewellery out of shells and coconuts

10. My dad taught me how dangerous electric plugs were by making me poke one

11. My dream car is a Bowler Wild Cat

12. I have eaten a fish’s eyeball and still-beating fish heart

13. I was hospitalised with dehydration at the same time as Michael Jackson

14. I have done 3 solo sky dives

15. I’ve swum with over 66 Caribbean reef sharks at one time