S2AS - News

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Slingshot Rev Takes the world by storm



Slingshot Rev Kitesurf Kite


So the word on the beach is that Slingshot Kite boarding are due to release a new kitesurf kite called the Slingshot Rev now this is true we now have 4 Slingshot Rev's here in the uk both our surface2Air Kent shop and Surface2Air Poole shop have a 9mtr Slingshot Rev and 11m Slingshot Rev each ready for Demo.
What is different about the new Slingshot Rev than other kites?
Well the new Slingshot Rev is for sure the best kite I have ever flown! I own Slingshot fuels at the moment and love them but the Slingshot fuels are now up for sale as I will be getting 9 & 13m Slingshot rev's, I tried everything when testing this kite.
I did my best to make it over fly and drop from the sky but with no joy I unhooked from the kite and ran under the Rev and the kite just rocked back above my head super stable!
Re-launch now this was so easy, you can drop the kite and every time the kite re-launches with ease by just pulling on one of the steering lines (just like a bow kite)
Slingshot have also put a new Safety system on the new Rev and this makes it possible to let the kite go on the re-ride safety system, now all other kites I have flown if you do this forget re-launching the kite your on a swim into the beach.
I was told by slingshot that I could re-launch the kite after I let the bar go and flag the kite out, I was not so sure but I had a go,
I unhooked the kite and let the bar go...off it went up the lines about 15mtrs and the kite laid out flat a dropped from the sky onto the water, now I was very unsure that this Slingshot rev was going to re-launch from the water.
I started to put the safety line in until I could reach the control bar hooked back in and then I heard the safety line whizzing back though the bar when it stopped the kite had put it's self back in the leading edge down position with no tangles in any of the 4 lines, I was amazed and I pulled on the steering line and off the kite went into the air, I could not believe it! so I went out and done it over 8 times to see if I could make the lines tangle but no joy it worked every time.
so I would say the Slingshot Rev kitesurf kite has the stability of the Slingshot Turbo 2 and the power of the Slingshot Fuel with build quality to boot, What more do we want?

These kites will be available to buy mid-end of August the first shipment will come via air and only 60 Slingshot Rev kites will be on this flight Surface2Air will have 36 of these kites so we should have good stock, however after your demo or as soon as you know you want one call us to pre-order

For more info on the Slingshot Rev Kitesurf Kite
call us on 01202 738448
Angelo